- April 5, 2017
- Atlantic Way submission to the National Planning Framework - Ireland 2040
- The development gap between the West and Dublin continues to widen every day. We need new approaches and urgent actions.
- August 17, 2016
- TECH giant Apple has been given the green-light to build an €850m data centre in Co. Galway.
- An Bord Pleanála has granted planning permission for a 24,500 square metre data centre to be built and located in Athenry, Co. Galway.
- May 5, 2016
- Census 2016 to confirm growing Regional Imbalance
- It is quite staggering that there has been no debate on the population share shift toward the Dublin/Leinster Region. Is nobody noticing, or just not bothered?
- March 22, 2016
- Has Nama’s actions enslaved Ireland?
- Huge tracts of Ireland have been sold by Nama at deep discounts, effectively transferring enormous wealth out of Ireland.
- March 7, 2016
- Who cares enough about Region Development... to made a difference?
- It is time to stop paying lip-service to Regional Development; we have an increasingly imbalanced economy.
- February 2, 2016
- Former department of finance secretary general says counter-balance to Dublin needed
- More should be done to counter-balance Dublin’s position as the country’s main economic driver.
- January 19, 2016
- The River Shannon – a new Flagship Project for Ireland
- The need for a new and bold vision to address the challenges and the opportunities it presents.
- December 27, 2015
- "Dublin and the Rest" - A debate worth having in 2016
- Why Ireland needs a Growth Absorbtion Policy
- May 19, 2015
- Molex acquires ProTek Medical, Sligo
- ProTek Medical Ltd. specializes in supplying custom solutions for medical device manufacturers in the global medical industry.
- May 21, 2015
- Prince Charles visits the West of Ireland
- The visit promoted themes of Peace and Reconciliation alongside heritage, community, conservation and innovation.
- May 19, 2015
- Chinese Premier visits Shannon and the West
- Visit to deepen China-Ireland relations.
- March 13, 2015
- Dublin in Need of New Water Supply - The Lessons for Ireland
- Ireland needs a ‘growth absorption’ strategy.
- March 4, 2015
- New IDA Investment Strategy sets Regions a Challenge too!
- Is it time for a new Super Region centred on the West?
- March 6, 2015
- Northern Trust to expand in Limerick City, creating 300 new jobs
- Expansion expected to result in over 1,000 jobs by 2017.
- February 23, 2015
- €850 million Investment by Apple in Atlantic Way Region
- New €850m data centre investment from Apple, to be built and located in Athenry, Co. Galway.
- February 16, 2015
- €50 Million Infrastructural Project gets underway at Foynes Port
- New €50 million jetty programme will unlock the huge potential of the Foyne’s Port and help capitalise on unrivalled ability of the Estuary to handle world’s largest ships.
- February 11, 2015
- An Irish leased aircraft takes off, somewhere in the world, every 2 seconds
- Ireland is a global leader in Aviation Leasing and Shannon is playing its part...
- February 11, 2015
- The viagogo Group opens new Operations Centre in Limerick
- The viagogo Group operates the world’s largest ticket marketplace, and also announced it intends to double its workforce in Ireland
Here are just some of the areas of focus that could help shape the Atlantic Way as an Economic Corridor. Click here to find out more.
The Atlantic Way is a wonderful location to invest, live, learn and work. It's also a region with talented people and companies with ambition. Click here.
Empowered Regions are better positioned to envision and shape their futures; and improve community and business collaboration. Click here.
The Wild Atlantic Way. A wonderful Irish tourism initiative and a model to learn from in creating an Atlantic Way Economic Corridor. Click Here.